Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

High Rock Tower Meeting News!

The following is a summary of last night's meeting for the Preservation of High Rock Tower. It came in an e mail from Lisa Connolly. Things are moving in a positive direction for the Highlands!

I think we had a productive first meeting. Unanimous sentiment on the preservation and expansion of this unique community resource!
Wonderful ideas to use and protect High Rock Reservation and the Historic Cottage
3 specific events were discussed;

  • the Frederick Douglas re-enactment speech,
  • The Gala Under the Stars
  • and Youth ArtsFest.

Plans are already under way for the Frederick Douglas event, Lisa will follow up on the Gala and Kim is looking into the ArtsFest.

I think that the Gala should be a fundrai$er for the restoration of the cottage and I would like that (the cottage restoration) to become the focus for the the Friends of High Rock. I will be sending out a letter to the members. I also thought that perhaps a trolley to High Rock from Downtown tying in with the other events i.e. LynnArts Festival, Third Thursday. I will look into this further as well. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment