Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

From My "The Disability Watch"

Tuesday, June 14, 2011


How To Climb The Stairway To Heaven?

I just have a question. With all the money being spent on the new stairs to High Rock Tower, what accommodations are being made for the mobility impaired? It is a nice view.

But does it seem fair that we will spend, oh I don't know, almost half a million dollars on the stairs for the non-disabled versus a quart of blue paint for those of us with mobility problems. Our group is not limited o a select unfortunate few. AT SOMETIME IN THEIR LIFE ALMOST EVERYONE WILL EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS GETTING AROUND.

How's your view now?

1 comment:

  1. As a person with dissociative disorder, there are lots of psychological experiences I can't take part in because they bring about my symptoms. Physically, I'm in fairly good shape (not great)!! So I understand your frustration with having restrictions on your life. But continue to advocate for your's and others' needs. I have been an activist my entire adult life to improve the quality of life for women, and all victims of violence. Keep up the wholly fight!!

    ReplyDelete