Search This Blog

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Sad News For The Highlands

I got this horrible e mail, from David Gass, a real tragedy!

Hello all,
 
I'm sad to report that our dear friend Harry Harley died today, of a 
sudden heart attack at
his home. He had congestive heart failure twice before, so he knew he 
didn't have long to live.
Through all of his suffering with breathing, gout, return of malaria, he 
never complained.
 
Every day through the winter, he trudged to the school or garden to work 
on our vision of the future
of growing food. He always took a moment to explain what he was doing. 
His knowledge of science
was breath-taking.
 
Harry first connected with us at the debate in Fall, 2009 for School 
Committee candidates. He
impressed me as a highly intelligent, passionate person. Meeting him 
last year, I told him what
were doing. Without hesitating, he said: You're doing exactly what 
should be done, with education,
the community, etc.
 
He never hesitated to give us his time, ideas or money. He was one of 
the most innovative, radical,
and honest people I've met in my life. I will miss him.
 
Annette and Harrison will inform me about the funeral.
 
David
 

No comments:

Post a Comment